Wow. Awesome rub! Just the right blend of sweet, salt and spice. Definitely a keeper.
Coffee and Molasses-Brined Pork Chops
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 254
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 37.7g
- Carbohydrate: 3.8g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 107mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 584mg
- Calcium: 50mg
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups chilled strong brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup kosher salt (such as Diamond Crystal)
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 4 (6-ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 cup hickory wood chips
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 teaspoons Pepper-Garlic Spice Rub
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until salt and sugar dissolve. Pour salt mixture into a large zip-top plastic bag. Add ice and pork; seal. Refrigerate for 3 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- Soak wood chips in water 1 hour. Drain well.
- Prepare grill for indirect grilling, heating one side to medium-high and leaving one side with no heat.
- Place wood chips on hot coals. Remove pork from bag; discard brine. Pat pork dry with paper towels. Sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon salt over pork. Rub 8 teaspoons Pepper-Garlic Spice Rub evenly over both sides of pork. Place pork on grill rack coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat; grill 2 minutes on each side. Place pork on unheated side of grill; grill 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This