Delicious. Was a big hit!!!
Get your coffee fix with these cute meringue cookies.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 16
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Protein: 0.3g
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 3.8g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 42mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon whole roasted coffee beans
- 1. In a bowl, with an electric mixer (fitted with whisk attachment) on high speed, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until thick and foamy. Gradually add sugar and continue to beat until mixture holds stiff, shiny peaks. Beat in vanilla and espresso powder.
- 2. Spoon meringue in 1 1/2- to 2-inch-wide mounds, about 1 inch apart, onto cooking parchment-lined or buttered and floured 12- by 15-inch baking sheets (see notes). Gently place one coffee bean on each mound.
- 3. Bake in a 200° oven until meringues are light brown and give slightly when gently pressed, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours; switch pan positions halfway through baking. Turn off heat and leave meringues in closed oven for 1 hour.
- 4. Slide a spatula under meringues to release.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per meringue.
If you like, in step 2, use a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch plain or star tip to pipe meringue into 1 1/2-inch-wide mounds. For best results, line baking sheets with cooking parchment. Store meringues airtight for up to 1 week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note