Coffee Liqueur Barbecue Sauce
The sweet-and-tangy flavor cozies up nicely to everything from baby back ribs to brisket. We like the addition of dried crushed red pepper to make it extra tasty.
More From Southern Living
Cool: 30 Minutes
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup Homemade Coffee Liqueur*
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1. Whisk together first 8 ingredients and, if desired, crushed red pepper in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat to low, and simmer, whisking occasionally, 5 to 6 minutes or until slightly thickened. Cool completely before serving (about 30 minutes). Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 7 days.
- *Store-bought coffee liqueur may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note