Try your favorite flavored coffee in this old-fashioned dessert. Decorate each dessert plate with melted vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup Kahlúa
- 3 cups hot brewed coffee
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Chocolate shavings
- Sprinkle gelatin over Kahlúa in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes to soften gelatin. Add hot coffee, sugar, and salt; stir until gelatin dissolves (about 2 minutes).
- Pour into 6 or 8 lightly greased 4" (1/2 cup) brioche molds; cover and chill overnight.
- Use fingers to gently pull jelly away from edges of each mold; unmold onto dessert plates. Dollop with whipped cream; sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
- Unmolding Tip: If jelly does not unmold easily, very quickly dip bottom of each mold into hot water to loosen; unmold onto dessert plates.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note