- 1 (8- to 10-lb.) bone-in, fully cooked smoked ham half
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups freshly brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Garnishes: fresh herbs, kumquats
How to Make It
Remove skin from ham, if present, and trim fat to 1/4" thickness. Place ham in a lightly greased broiler pan. Combine sugar and hot coffee in a medium bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves; pour over ham.
Bake at 350° for 2 1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 140°, basting every 20 minutes. Transfer ham from pan to a serving platter. Cover and keep warm. Pour drippings into a 4-cup glass measuring cup; let stand 10 minutes. Pour off and discard fat; stir cream into remaining drippings. Serve gravy with ham. Garnish platter, if desired.