Coffee-Cured Pulled Pork
Photo: John Kernick
More From Food & Wine
Total: 7 Hours
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coffee, coarsely ground
- Kosher salt
- 1 bone-in pork butt
- 1/3 cup sorghum or molasses
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, coffee and 1/2 cup of salt. Add the pork and rub the mixture all over. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 300°. Rinse off the pork and set in a roasting pan. Roast the pork for 6 hours, basting with pan juices, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 200°; cover with foil for the last 2 hours of cooking. Transfer the pan to a rack and let rest for 30 minutes. Increase the oven temperature to 500°.
- In a saucepan, boil the sorghum and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Simmer until slightly reduced, 10 minutes. Pour the glaze over the pork and roast for 15 minutes, until glazed. Let cool, then shred the pork.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note