Community Recipe from
- 12 large egg whites cold
- 3 tablespoon(s) espresso at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 1 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar divided
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground espresso beans
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Insert liners into a medium cupcake pan.
- In a large bowl combine the egg whites, espresso, lemon juice, cream of tartar, vanilla, and almond extract. With an electric mixer on high speed, beat until mixture is foamy with tiny bubbles, 2-3 minutes. Gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, until the foam is creamy white. Do no overbeat.
- In a separate bowl combine 3/4 cup sugar, flour, ground espresso beans, and salt.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture. Gently mix with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until completely integrated.
- Fill the cupckae liners 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cupcakes comes out clean. Cool cupckaes in the pan.
- Hazelnut Espresso Cupcakes: Substitute hazelnut flavored coffe for espresso. Fold in 1 1/2 cups chopped hazelnuts after wet and dry ingredients are fully integrated.
- Java Chip Cupcakes: Fold in 1 1/2 cups chopped dark chocolate after wet and dry ingredients are fully integrated.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by humboldt29 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Coffee Cupcakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cupcakes
More Recipes for Main Dishes