Coffee Crunch Pie
We recommend using Pecan Sandies in this crust. And if you're not a fan of coffee ice cream, vanilla makes a fine substitute.
Yield: one 9" pie
- 2 1/4 cups pecan shortbread cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup coarsely crushed English toffee-flavored candy bars
- 1 quart coffee ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 (16-ounce) can coconut-pecan frosting
- Garnishes: frozen whipped topping (thawed), flaked coconut, pecans
- Combine shortbread cookie crumbs and butter; press firmly in bottom of a greased 9" springform pan. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or just until toasted. Sprinkle crushed toffee bars over crust while crust is still warm. Cool completely.
- Spread coffee ice cream over candy. Cover and freeze 30 minutes or until firm. Spread coconut-pecan frosting over ice cream. Cover and freeze several hours or until firm.
- Remove pie from freezer, and let stand 5 minutes at room temperature. Remove sides of pan before serving. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts