Coffee Cream Brownies
Have your coffee for dessert... in a brownie. These fudgy chocolate brownies are topped with both a coffee-flavored cream and a sweet chocolate frosting to make a triple-decadent dessert.
Yield: Makes one dozen
- 3 1-oz. sqs. unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt baking chocolate and 1/2 cup butter; let cool. In a bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla. Stir in chocolate mixture.
- Combine flour and baking soda and add to the chocolate mixture. Spread in a greased 8" x 8" baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool.
- In a bowl, stir coffee granules into one tablespoon cream until dissolved. Beat in remaining butter and powdered sugar until creamy; spread over brownies.
- In a saucepan over low heat, stir and melt chocolate chips and remaining cream until thickened. Spread over cream layer. Let set and cut into squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This