Coffee Chocolate Crunch Fantasia Ice Cream Sundaes
Inspired by the artfully deconstructed ice cream creations of Food Network star Elizabeth Falkner.
Yield: Serves 4
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 594
- Calories from fat: 46%
- Protein: 7.4g
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated fat: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 72g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sodium: 153mg
- Cholesterol: 111mg
- 1/4 cup cold whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur, such as Kahlúa
- 1 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup store-bought or homemade chocolate sauce
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 12 small (about 1/8 cup) scoops premium coffee ice cream
- 1/3 cup very coarsely chopped well-toasted salted macadamia nuts
- 4 thin, flaky waffle cookies or 2 small waffle ice cream cones, crushed into cornflake-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons cacao nibs* (optional)
- 1. Whisk cream and coffee liqueur together in a medium bowl. Sift in powdered sugar and whisk until soft peaks form. Chill.
- 2. Stir chocolate sauce and espresso together in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until warmed through. Stir in rum and reduce heat to low.
- 3. Put 3 scoops ice cream on each of 4 plates and top with whipped cream. Spoon a thick band of chocolate sauce along the side of the plate. Scatter plates with toasted macadamia nuts, cookies, and cacao nibs, if using.
- *Cacao nibs are available on amazon.com
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note