- 1/4 cup cold whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur, such as Kahlúa
- 1 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup store-bought or homemade chocolate sauce
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 12 small (about 1/8 cup) scoops premium coffee ice cream
- 1/3 cup very coarsely chopped well-toasted salted macadamia nuts
- 4 thin, flaky waffle cookies or 2 small waffle ice cream cones, crushed into cornflake-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons cacao nibs* (optional)
- calories 594
- caloriesfromfat 46 %
- protein 7.4 g
- fat 30 g
- satfat 13 g
- carbohydrate 72 g
- fiber 1.1 g
- sodium 153 mg
- cholesterol 111 mg
How to Make It
Whisk cream and coffee liqueur together in a medium bowl. Sift in powdered sugar and whisk until soft peaks form. Chill.
Stir chocolate sauce and espresso together in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until warmed through. Stir in rum and reduce heat to low.
Put 3 scoops ice cream on each of 4 plates and top with whipped cream. Spoon a thick band of chocolate sauce along the side of the plate. Scatter plates with toasted macadamia nuts, cookies, and cacao nibs, if using.
*Cacao nibs are available on amazon.com