This is wonderful! A great combination of Pound Cake and Coffee Cake. To Neetero: The recipe would have probably been clearer if it had been written so that you prepared a Pecan Streusel, the Pound Cake Batter AND a PECAN FILLING. The 1 cup of pecans, the 1/4 cup of brown sugar and the 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon become the PECAN FILLING and not part of the streusel.
Coffee Cake Pound Cake
This year, resolve to think beyond a ho-hum box of chocolates for a hostess gift. Instead, pass on this sweet treat, which marries two Southern specialties, coffee cake and pound cake, to create one buttery, best-of-both-worlds dessert.
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours, 35 Minutes
- PECAN STREUSEL
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- POUND CAKE BATTER
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. Prepare Pecan Streusel: Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles small peas. Stir in 3/4 cup pecans.
- 2. Prepare Pound Cake Batter: Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 1 cup pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. Cool 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- 3. Beat butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- 4. Stir together flour and baking soda; add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- 5. Pour half of batter into a greased and floured 10-inch (12-cup) tube pan. Stir together toasted pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Spoon remaining batter over pecan mixture; sprinkle with Pecan Streusel.
- 6. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 20 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings