Coffee Cake Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces, softened and divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature*
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a muffin pan with paper baking cups.
- 2. Combine 1/2 cup flour, light brown sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in 4 tablespoons butter with a pastry blender until streusel is crumbly; set aside.
- 3. Sift together remaining 2 cups flour, remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon, baking powder, and kosher salt in a medium bowl. Mix sugar and remaining 10 tablespoons butter in a separate bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until well combined. Beat eggs, 1 at a time, into butter mixture until blended. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, mixing until smooth. Add vanilla, and mix well.
- 4. Divide batter evenly among baking cups, filling each about three-quarters full. Sprinkle evenly with reserved streusel topping.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until springy and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.
- *Remove eggs from refrigerator, and place in a bowl for 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Coffee Cake Muffins Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Breads