- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon Kahlúa or strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chocolate-covered coffee beans, chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped English toffee-flavored candy bars
How to Make It
Beat 3/4 cup butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add brown sugar, beating well. Add egg yolk, beating well. Add flour, coffee granules, and salt, stirring just until blended. Using greased fingers, press dough into bottom of a lightly greased 13" x 9" x 2" pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Set aside.
Combine sweetened condensed milk and 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat, and stir in Kahlúa. Pour mixture over prepared crust. Sprinkle with walnuts.
Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with chopped coffee beans and toffee bars while still warm. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cover and chill until firm. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into bars.