Coeur à la crème is French for "heart with cream" and is a classic dessert made in a special heart-shaped pan with holes. The mixture firms as it's chilled and the liquid from the cream cheese drains out through the holes. It's served unmolded and garnished with fresh berries or other fruit. Our low-fat, low-carb version features reduced-fat cheeses and sour cream and calorie-free sweetener.
Oxmoor House JANUARY 2005
1. Line a 4-cup coeur à la crème mold with a double layer of damp cheesecloth; allow cheesecloth to extend over edge of mold.
2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth.
3. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a saucepan; let stand 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin dissolves, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Add 1/4 cup cheese mixture to gelatin mixture, stirring with a whisk; add to remaining cheese mixture in processor, and process 1 minute.
4. Spoon cheese mixture into prepared mold. Fold cheesecloth over top of cheese mixture; place mold in a shallow dish, and chill at least 12 hours.
5. Unfold cheesecloth, and invert cheese mixture onto a serving plate; remove cheesecloth. Serve with berries and gingersnaps.
carbo rating: 18
Go to Full Version of