- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh Mexican chorizo (about 1 link), casing removed (see Notes)
- 2 large red peppers, cut into 1/8-in.-thick strips
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 can (15 oz.) white beans, such as cannellini or navy, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds cod fillet, cut into 4 even pieces (each about 1 in. thick; see Notes)
- 1/2 cup flour
- calories 686
- caloriesfromfat 47 %
- protein 51 g
- fat 36 g
- satfat 14 g
- carbohydrate 33 g
- fiber 5.8 g
- sodium 1604 mg
- cholesterol 146 mg
How to Make It
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add peppers and garlic and cook until peppers are soft, about 5 minutes. Pour in wine, reduce heat to medium, and, using a wooden spoon, scrape any browned bits from bottom of pan.
Stir in beans, parsley, and half the salt and pepper. Cook until beans are heated through, about 2 minutes. Transfer ragout to a dish, tent with foil, and set aside.
Return pan to medium-high heat and add butter. Season cod with remaining salt and pepper and dredge in flour. Add fish to pan (do not crowd) and cook, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through, about 6 minutes total.
Divide ragout among 4 plates and top each with a piece of fish. Serve immediately.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.