Loved this dish. We rate our dinners opposite yours 1 being I could eat this once a week and 5 is please dont make this ever again! Our kids, 10 and 16 gave it a 2! That is impressive! I switched broccli for spinach for the kids as they really dont like spinach. It was great though and asked them to at least try the spinach. They still don't like spinach! The pine nut made the dish a wonderful complete taste! So fast and easy!
Cod With Pine Nut Brown Butter and Garlicky Spinach
More From Health
- Calories: 239
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 27g
- Carbohydrate: 8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Iron: 5mg
- Sodium: 329mg
- Calcium: 160mg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 4 cod or sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (10-ounce) packages fresh spinach, washed and trimmed
- Lemon wedges
- 1. Melt butter in large, heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add nuts and 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and stir; cook 1 minute or until nuts are golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 2. Season fish with salt and pepper. Add 2 teaspoons oil to skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish; cook 2 minutes per side, until it flakes. Transfer to platter; place nuts on top of fish. Tent with foil to keep warm.
- 3. Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel. Warm remaining 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add garlic and spinach; cook 5 minutes, stirring until spinach wilts. Add remaining lemon juice; cook 1 minute to blend flavors. Place spinach on serving platter; top with fillets. Serve with lemon wedges.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes