- 4 6-ounce pieces cod fillet (about 1 inch thick), skin removed
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound green beans, cut in half crosswise (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 leek (white and light green parts only), sliced into half-moons
- 2 ears corn, kernels cut off the cob (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons store-bought pesto, plus more for serving
- calories 255
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- protein 30 g
- carbohydrate 15 g
- sugars 3 g
- fiber 4 g
- fat 8 g
- satfat 1 g
- sodium 428 mg
- cholesterol 58 mg
How to Make It
Season the cod with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat the oil in a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until the undersides are golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
Flip the cod and scatter the green beans and leek around it. Add 1/4 cup water, cover, and cook until the vegetables are just tender and the fish is opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes.
Transfer the cod to plates. Stir the corn into the green beans, cover, and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the pesto and serve with the cod and additional pesto, if desired.