Cod with Citrus Chili Glaze
Sunset reader Gregory Groth, from Napa, California, created this recipe when thinking of ways to use a bumper crop of lemongrass from his garden.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 242
- Calories from fat: 8%
- Protein: 22g
- Fat: 2.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Sodium: 190mg
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- 1/2 cup sake (rice wine)
- 1/4 cup mirin (sweet sake)
- 2 stalks lemongrass, outer layers removed
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup sweet Asian chili sauce*
- 4 quarter-size slices fresh ginger
- 4 pieces (4 oz. each) Pacific cod*
- Cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup cilantro sprigs
- 1. Set a steamer in a wok or pot with 2 in. water underneath. Bring water to a boil.
- 2. Meanwhile, boil sake and mirin until reduced by half. Mince 1 tbsp. lemongrass; cut the rest into thin 3-in. strips. Add minced lemongrass to sake mixture, reduce heat to medium, and add onion, garlic, juices, and zest. Cook 3 minutes; add chili sauce and cook until thickened, 10 minutes.
- 3. Put lemongrass strips and ginger in steamer. Top with fish; cook, covered, until just opaque in center, 8 minutes. Serve over rice with a drizzle of sauce and the cilantro.
*Find chili sauce in the Asian foods aisle. For sustainable fish choices, go to seafoodwatch.com
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note