Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 pound(s) butter
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) 10X sugar (confectioner's)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup(s) English Walnuts - finely chopped
- (Use metal blade of food processor to grind the English walnuts.)
- Put all ingredients into a large bowl and knead the mixture well with your hands until the bowl is left free of batter.
- Take off tiny bits of dough about the size of a pecan nut, roll dough between palms of your hand into an oval shape, being sure the ends are not too pointed or they will burn.
- Place these little confections on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in moderate (350 degrees) for 10 minutes. They should be pale yellow when done - not brown on top - nicely browned underneath.
- Remove them carefully while still quite warm to a bowl in which you have about 2 cups of 10X sugar and toss them gently about in the sugar until they are thoroughly coated. Then set them aside and that is all.
- Use waxed paper between layers if putting in a storage container.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Sandynunnally and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cocoons Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies