These were absolutely delicious! Just like Outback's only healthier!
Coconut (Un-)Fried Shrimp
Photo: Jennifer Davick
More From Coastal Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 336
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 22g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 168mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 613mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp (about 24), peeled and deveined
- 1. Stir together first 3 ingredients and 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper in a small bowl. Set sauce aside until ready to serve.
- 2. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper and next 2 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Whisk together egg whites and 2 tablespoons water in a shallow dish. Combine panko, coconut, and oil in a separate shallow dish.
- 3. Place shrimp in bag with flour mixture; shake to coat well. Dip shrimp in egg white mixture, and roll in coconut mixture.
- 4. Place a wire rack inside a large baking pan. Coat baking rack with cooking spray. Arrange shrimp in a single layer on rack, and bake at 375° for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Serve with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes