Coconut-Sour Cream Layer Cake
Community Recipe from
- 18 1/2 ounce(s) butter cake mix
- 2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 16 ounce(s) sour cream
- 12 ounce(s) frozen coconut
- 1 1/2 cup(s) frozen whipped topping
- 1 package(s) dried coconut
- A couple of days before baking cake, combine sugar, sour cream, and coconut, blending well; chill. Reserve one cup of the sour cream mixture for frosting; spread remaining between layers of cake.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, making two 8-inch layers; when completely cool, split both layers.
- Combine reserved sour cream mixture with whipped topping; blend until smooth. Spread on top and sides of cake. Pat dried coconut into whipped topping mixture around top and sides of cake.
- Seal cake in an airtight container and refrigerate for three days before serving.
- Yield: one 8-inch layer cake
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BlueeyedSara7 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Coconut-Sour Cream Layer Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings
More Recipes for Main Dishes