Photo: Alan Richardson; Styling: Betty Alfenito
Yield: Makes 4 dozen
More From Coastal Living
Chill: 1 Hour
Bake: 10 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1. Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk, and beat until smooth. Stir in coconut extract.
- 2. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended. Stir in macadamia nuts and lemon zest.
- 3. Chill dough 30 minutes. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and bake, in batches, at 350° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned on bottoms. Transfer to wire racks; let cool 2 minutes.
- 4. Place 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar in a bowl, and toss cookies to coat. Let cookies cool completely on wire racks. Toss in powdered sugar again, coating well.
Note: Bake time is per batch.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note