These are absolutely fabulous! I followed the recipe to the tee except I did not roll the cookies in the chocolate, I spread it on with a wooden spoon. They turned out amazing. I will definitely be making them again!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pinch(s) love
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces white chocolate bar, chopped, or white chocolate chips
- 3 cups shredded, sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In large bowl, mix butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add coconut extract and mix.
- In separate bowl, mix flour and salt together. Add to butter/sugar mixture and mix just to combine.
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper. With 2-inch cookie scoop, shape dough balls, flatten dough in palm of your hand to bring dough together and then reshape into ball.
- Place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on cooling rack.
- Fill small saucepan 1/4 of the way with water and top with small glass or metal bowl; choose bowl that will sit above the water level. Bring water to low boil over medium-high heat and add white chocolate and melt, stirring often with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Remove chocolate from heat and roll cookies one at a time in chocolate, and then roll in coconut, coating well. If melted chocolate begins to harden, heat over saucepan again for 1 or 2 minutes until melted. . Allow cookies to dry on cooling rack for at least 20 minutes or until chocolate has hardened. Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jenniferld87 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Coconut Snowballs Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts