we didn't make the shrimp, but the pineapple salsa is EXCELLENT! great with fish tacos, or just chips. my husband and i both devoured it!
Coconut Shrimp with Pineapple Salsa
Photo: Con Poulos; Styling: Deborah Williams
More From Coastal Living
- 12 jumbo shrimp
- Vegetable oil
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Pineapple Salsa
- 1. Peel shrimp, leaving tails on, and devein.
- 2. Pour oil into a Dutch oven to a depth of 3 1/2 inches. Heat oil to 350°.
- 3. Combine egg whites, ground red pepper, and salt in a shallow bowl. Place cornstarch in a separate shallow dish; place coconut in another shallow dish. Coat shrimp with cornstarch, shaking off excess. Dip shrimp in egg white mixture; dredge in coconut.
- 4. Fry shrimp, in 2 batches, 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain. Serve with Pineapple Salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Coconut Shrimp with Pineapple Salsa Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This