1. Peel the shrimp, BUT leave tails intact. Devein if desired. Se aside.
2. Stir together 1 cup baking mix and 1 cup beer until smooth.
3. Stir together remaining 1 cup baking mix, salt, and ground red pepper. Dredge shrimp in dry mixture and dip in beer mixture, allowing excess coating to drip. GENTLY roll shrimp in flaked coconut.
4. Pour vegetable oil to depth of 3 inches in a dutch oven and heat to 350.
5. Cook shrimp in batches, 1-2 minutes or until golden. Allow to drain on paper towel covered plates.
6. Make sure to keep temp around 350 and dredge the oil in between batches with slotted spoon to remove any residual batter left in dutch oven.
6. To prepare mustard sauce, stir together all ingredients. Serve with shrimp.
Go to full version of