Coconut Shrimp with Mustard Sauce
Yield: Makes 10 to 12 appetizer servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled, jumbo fresh shrimp
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix, divided
- 1 cup beer
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Vegetable oil
- Mustard Sauce
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails intact; devein, if desired. Set aside.
- Stir together 1 cup baking mix and 1 cup beer until smooth.
- Stir together remaining 1 cup baking mix, salt, and ground red pepper. Dredge shrimp in dry mixture, and dip in beer mixture, allowing excess coating to drip. Gently roll shrimp in flaked coconut.
- Pour vegetable oil to a depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven or heavy saucepan, and heat to 350°. Cook shrimp, in batches, 1 to 2 minutes or until golden; remove shrimp, and drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with Mustard Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note