Coconut Shrimp with Fiery Mango Sauce
Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Oxmoor House
1 Hour, 7 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 143
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 5.3g
- Carbohydrate: 19.7g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 200mg
- Calcium: 17mg
- 1 1/4 cups chopped peeled ripe mango
- 1/4 cup no-sugar-added apricot preserves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 24 large shrimp (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1.1 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. To prepare sauce, place all sauce ingredients in a food processor; pulse 3 times or to desired consistency. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- 3. To prepare shrimp, peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact. Combine flour, salt, and red pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Combine egg whites and 2 tablespoons water in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Combine panko, coconut, and oil in a separate shallow dish.
- 4. Place shrimp in zip-top plastic bag; seal and shake to coat. Dip shrimp in egg white mixture; dredge in coconut mixture. Stand coated shrimp on their ends on a wire rack coated with cooking spray set on a baking sheet.
- 5. Bake at 375° for 12 minutes or until shrimp are done. Serve with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note