Coconut-Shrimp Salad with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 1 Hour
Amount per serving
- Calories: 295
- Fat: 20.1g
- Saturated fat: 5.2g
- Protein: 8.4g
- Carbohydrate: 23.9g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Iron: 2.0mg
- Sodium: 374mg
- Calories from fat: 61%
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Calcium: 56mg
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 6 jumbo shrimp (1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomato
- 1 cup chopped peeled ripe avocado
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- Cooking spray
- 1 (5-ounce) package spring mix salad greens
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut, toasted
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails intact. Devein shrimp, if desired. Combine shrimp and 1/4 cup vinaigrette in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish, stirring to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- While shrimp chill, combine remaining 1/4 cup vinaigrette, tomato, and next 3 ingredients in a bowl, tossing gently to coat.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove shrimp from dish; discard marinade. Thread 4 shrimp onto each of 4 (10-inch) skewers. Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done.
- Place 1 cup salad greens on each of 4 plates; top each salad with about 1 cup tomato mixture and 1 shrimp skewer. Sprinkle each salad with 2 tablespoons toasted coconut.
- Note: If using wooden skewers, soak in water 30 minutes before grilling.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This