- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 6 jumbo shrimp (1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomato
- 1 cup chopped peeled ripe avocado
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- Cooking spray
- 1 (5-ounce) package spring mix salad greens
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut, toasted
- calories 295
- fat 20.1 g
- satfat 5.2 g
- protein 8.4 g
- carbohydrate 23.9 g
- cholesterol 43 mg
- iron 2.0 mg
- sodium 374 mg
- caloriesfromfat 61 %
- fiber 4.8 g
- calcium 56 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
Peel shrimp, leaving tails intact. Devein shrimp, if desired. Combine shrimp and 1/4 cup vinaigrette in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish, stirring to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour.
While shrimp chill, combine remaining 1/4 cup vinaigrette, tomato, and next 3 ingredients in a bowl, tossing gently to coat.
Remove shrimp from dish; discard marinade. Thread 4 shrimp onto each of 4 (10-inch) skewers. Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done.
Place 1 cup salad greens on each of 4 plates; top each salad with about 1 cup tomato mixture and 1 shrimp skewer. Sprinkle each salad with 2 tablespoons toasted coconut.
Note: If using wooden skewers, soak in water 30 minutes before grilling.