1. Preheat oven to 425°. Peel shrimp, leaving tails on; devein shrimp, if desired.
2. Place a wire rack coated with cooking spray in a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
3. Whisk egg whites in a bowl just until foamy.
4. Stir together cornstarch and Caribbean jerk seasoning in a shallow dish.
5. Stir together coconut, breadcrumbs, and paprika in another shallow dish.
6. Dredge shrimp, 1 at a time, in cornstarch mixture; dip in egg whites, and dredge in coconut mixture, pressing gently with fingers. Lightly coat shrimp with cooking spray; arrange shrimp on wire rack.
7. Bake at 425° for 10 to 12 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink, turning after 8 minutes. Serve with Honey-Mustard Sauce.
Try this twist!
Coconut Chicken: Substitute 1 1/2 lb. chicken breast tenders for shrimp. Proceed with recipe as directed, beginning with Step 2 and increasing bake time to 18 to 20 minutes or until chicken is done, turning once after 12 minutes. Sprinkle with salt to taste, if desired.
Note: Nutritional analysis does not include salt to taste.
Calories 448; Fat 11g (sat 6.6g, mono 1.9g, poly 1g); Protein 40.3g; Carb 46.4g; Fiber 1.9g; Chol 94mg; Iron 1.7mg; Sodium 604mg; Calc 65mg.