I made this pie for Thanksgiving and a pot luck last year and it was a hit…the rum made it soooooo good! everyone wanted more when it was all gone...however I did substitute the 2% milk with Lactaid milk for those like me that are lactose intolerant and it still comes out yummy...I am going to make another 3 this year just in cases...it's good to have left over’s too; for the next morning...it goes great with the morning coffee as a breakfast treat....I hope you enjoy this recipe and make it part of your holiday dinner.
Coconut-Rum Sweet Potato Pie
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 254
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 5.3g
- Carbohydrate: 41.8g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 97mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 214mg
- Calcium: 55mg
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked Cream Cheese Piecrust
- 2 cups mashed cooked sweet potato (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- Prepare Cream Cheese Piecrust in a 9-inch pie plate; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine sweet potato and next 7 ingredients (sweet potato through eggs) in a food processor, and process until smooth. Spoon mixture into prepared crust; sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until set; shield edges of piecrust with foil after 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note