Coconut Rice Pudding
"Here's another rich and delicious dessert form Executive Chef Willi Pimgruber of the Hyatt Dorado Beach Hotel in Puerto Rico that is is sure to please rice pudding lovers. Be sure to use short grain rice in this recipe because it cooks to a creamier consistency. Short grain rice is available as Arborio or Calrose rice." from "Tropic Cooking" by Joyce LaFray Young -
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 cup(s) milk
- 1 1/8 cup(s) canned cream of coconut
- 3/4 cup(s) short grain rice
- 1 stick(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) raisins
- ground cinnamon for garnish
- In a large saucepan, bring the milk and cream of coconut to a boil over medium heat. Stir in the rice, cinnamon stick, ginger, and salt. Return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until the rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the sugar and simmer 5 minutes more. Add raisins and pour into a 1 1/2 quart serving dish. Sprinkle generously with cinnamon. Chill at least 4 hours.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note