Coconut-Raspberry Linzer Bars
Reminiscent of the traditional linzertorte, these convenient bars flaunt a tropical coconut flair.
Yield: 15 bars
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Garnish: powdered sugar
- Process first 8 ingredients in a food processor until almonds are finely ground. Add butter; pulse 10 times or until crumbly. Add egg yolks; process 15 seconds or until dough forms a ball. Set aside one-third of dough. Press remaining dough in bottom and 1/2" up sides of a lightly greased 11" x 7" baking dish. Spread jam to edges of dough.
- Roll out remaining dough to 1/4" thickness. Cut dough into 1/2" wide strips; carefully arrange strips over jam in a lattice design.
- Bake at 325° for 37 minutes or until golden. Cool completely on a wire rack; cut into bars. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts