Coconut made this pound cake different and special - seemed begging for a tropical fruit salad on the side. Wonderfully moist cake with a crisp, brown-sugar taste to the edges.
Coconut Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, and beat at high speed of an electric mixer 10 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Add coconut extract, beating well. Fold in flaked coconut.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Place pan in a cold oven. Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes; remove cake from pan, and cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This