Coconut Pound Cake
Yield: one 10-inch cake
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 (7-ounce) can flaked coconut
- Cream shortening; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour and salt; add to creamed mixture, beating well. Stir in flavorings and coconut.
- Pour batter into a well greased 10-inch tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings