Fabulous! Wonderful! Even my father who usually says something is fine or good said this recipe was great! Don't forget the toasted coconut - it sends it over the top.
Photo: Alan Richardson; Styling: Betty Alfenito
Yield: Makes 2 dozen
More From Coastal Living
Bake: 45 Minutes
Cool: 1 Hour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup or 1 (6-ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Powdered sugar
- Garnish: toasted coconut
- 1. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Beat just until a smooth dough is formed. Press into a lightly greased, foil-lined 13- x 9-inch baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, remaining 1/3 cup flour, sugar, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; pour over baked crust. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until set. Let cool completely in pan; chill, if desired. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, and cut into bars. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This