This rice was time consuming. It was more ginger/orange tasting, than coconut. It complemented the Macadamia chicken. The rice on the bottom of the pot scorched on low heat after 20 min. in a heavy non-stick pot. other wise it was good. My husband liked it.
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 405
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Protein: 4.2g
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Carbohydrate: 48g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 301mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 3/4 cup Viognier or other dry white wine
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded orange peel
- 1. Pour olive oil into a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until soft but not browned, about 4 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring, until slightly translucent at edges, about 2 minutes. Add wine and cook, stirring often, until absorbed, about 3 minutes. Add broth, coconut milk, and salt. Stir just to combine, then cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until rice is tender to the bite, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 2. Fluff with a fork and stir in orange peel.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1 1/2-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables