This rice was time consuming. It was more ginger/orange tasting, than coconut. It complemented the Macadamia chicken. The rice on the bottom of the pot scorched on low heat after 20 min. in a heavy non-stick pot. other wise it was good. My husband liked it.
Add extra flavor to jasmine rice by cooking it in coconut milk and wine and stirring in orange peel before serving.
This recipe goes with Macadamia Chicken with Orange-Ginger Sauce and Coconut Pilaf
More From Sunset
- Calories: 405
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Protein: 4.2g
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Carbohydrate: 48g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 301mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 3/4 cup Viognier or other dry white wine
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded orange peel
- 1. Pour olive oil into a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until soft but not browned, about 4 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring, until slightly translucent at edges, about 2 minutes. Add wine and cook, stirring often, until absorbed, about 3 minutes. Add broth, coconut milk, and salt. Stir just to combine, then cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until rice is tender to the bite, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 2. Fluff with a fork and stir in orange peel.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1 1/2-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note