Photo: Antonis Achilleos; Styling: Sara Neumeier
Prep: 20 minutes; Chill: 2 hours; Bake: 34 minutes.
This recipe goes with Triple Coconut Cream Pie
Yield: Makes 1 (9-inch) piecrust
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 to 5 tablespoons ice water
- 1. Pulse first 5 ingredients in a food processor 6 to 10 times or until mixture is crumbly. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing once after each addition, until dough holds together when pressed between fingers. (Dough will not form a ball or even clump together in processor--it will be loose.)
- 2. Turn dough out onto a large sheet of plastic wrap; press into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill 1 hour.
- 3. Roll dough to a 12- to 13-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Fit into a 9-inch pie plate, trimming excess to a 1- to 1 1/2-inch overhang. Turn dough under along rim of pie pan, and flute edges. Chill at least 1 hour before baking.
- 4. Preheat oven to 400°. Place a sheet of aluminum foil or parchment paper in piecrust, extending over edges, and fill with dried beans, rice, or pie weights. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Remove from oven; discard foil and beans, and return piecrust to oven. Bake for 14 to 17 more minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove from oven, and cool completely on a wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts