- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 3/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
How to Make It
Combine butter and 1/4 cup brown sugar, creaming until light and fluffy. Add 1 cup flour, and mix well. Press mixture evenly into a lightly greased 9- inch square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
Combine remaining sugar, flour, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl; stir in eggs and vanilla, mixing well. Add coconut and pecans; stir well.
Spread coconut mixture evenly over baked mixture. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Cool and cut into 2- x 1-inch bars.