Coconut-Pecan Shrimp with Orange Dipping Sauce
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 415
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 23g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 144mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 357mg
- Calcium: 81mg
- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup ground pecans
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Orange Dipping Sauce
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails on, and devein, if desired.
- Sprinkle shrimp evenly with seasoned salt.
- Whisk egg whites in a small bowl until frothy.
- Combine coconut, pecans, and flour in a shallow bowl.
- Place a wire rack coated with cooking spray in an aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Dip shrimp, 1 at a time, in egg whites, and dredge in coconut mixture. Arrange shrimp on rack. Coat shrimp evenly with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425° for 10 to 15 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink, turning after 5 to 7 minutes. Serve with Orange Dipping Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This