Extremely sweet and gluey. It either needs evaporated milk instead of condensed milk, or the brown sugar would need to be cut to 1/3 or even 1/4 cup, or omit altogether. It has potential.
- 2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon light-colored corn syrup
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut, toasted
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chopped pecans, and saute until the pecans are browned (about 2 1/2 minutes). Remove mixture from heat, and stir in sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Add milk, syrup, and egg yolks, and stir well. Cook 2 minutes over medium-high heat or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in flaked coconut and extracts. Pour mixture into a bowl; cover and chill until slightly stiff (about 15 minutes).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note