Community Recipe from
- 1 package(s) 18.25 oz yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup(s) vegatable oil
- 1 can(s) 8.5 oz cream of coconut
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- Orange Filling
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 can(s) 11 oz mandarin orange segments drained
- 2 egg yolks . Reserve whites
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) butter
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) orange juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon(s) light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- mandarin orange segments to decorate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cake mix, eggs, and oil in a large bowl. Beat until well bended. Add cream of coconut and sour cream and beat until smooth.
- Cut circles of waxed paper to line bottom of 2 nine inch round cake pans. Grease paper and sides of pans. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake 32 to 36 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Run knife around edge to loosen cake, remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack.
- Orange Filling:
- Combine sugar and flour in a heavy small saucepan. Add oranges, egg yolks, butter and vanilla. Stirring constantly, place over medium heat and cook about 15 minutes or until mixture thickens. Cool to room temperature. Spread between cake layers.
- Combine sugar, orange juice, egg whites, corn syrup, and cream of tartar in top of double boiler. Beat with a mixer until sugar is well blended. Place over boiling water and continue beating about 7 minutes or until soft peaks form. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Continue beating 2 minutes or until desired consistency. Ice cake. Decorate with orange segments. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by frantic1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note