Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Jan Gautro
Coconut Macaroons have sweetened coconut instead of almonds and are a sweet and crisp version of this classic cookie.
Yield: 3 dozen
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) can flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) in a medium mixing bowl until stiff but not dry; fold in sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time. Fold in coconut, vanilla, and salt.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto parchment-lined cookie sheets. Bake at 300° for 30 minutes. Gently remove from parchment, and cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cookies