- 1 pound unpeeled, uncooked fresh or frozen large CERTIFIED WILD AMERICAN Shrimp
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground MCCORMICK Gourmet Collection Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon MCCORMICK Gourmet Collection Ground Cayenne Red Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon MCCORMICK Gourmet Collection Cajun Seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened frozen shredded coconut, thawed
- 1 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)
- 6 cups vegetable oil
- Warm Tropical Salsa
How to Make It
If frozen, thaw shrimp according to package directions. Peel shrimp, leaving tails on; devein, if desired.
Stir together flour, next 3 ingredients, and 1/4 tsp. salt in a medium-size shallow dish or pie plate. Whisk egg whites in a small bowl until slightly foamy. Stir together coconut, macadamia nuts, and breadcrumbs in another medium-size shallow dish or pie plate.
Dredge shrimp in flour mixture; dip in egg whites. Dredge in coconut mixture, pressing coconut mixture onto shrimp. Place shrimp on a large baking sheet.
Pour oil to a depth of 1 inch in a large 6-qt. Dutch oven; heat over medium-high heat to 350°. Fry shrimp, 5 to 6 at a time, 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle hot shrimp with remaining salt.
Place Warm Tropical Salsa in a serving bowl; place bowl in center of a serving dish. Arrange shrimp around salsa. Serve warm.