I made this pie for New Years and everyone loved it. I did not have macadamia nuts, so I used pecans, it was great. I will be making it again soon.
Coconut-Macadamia Nut Pie
Photo: J. Savage Gibson; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill
Yield: 1 (9-inch) pie
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Garnishes: whipped cream, chopped macadamia nuts, toasted flaked coconut
- Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Bake at 425° for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden; cool on a wire rack.
- Whisk together sugar and next 5 ingredients; stir in nuts and coconut. Pour into prepared piecrust.
- Bake at 350° for 55 to 60 minutes; cool on a wire rack. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Coconut-Macadamia Nut Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Pies/Pastries
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Make-Ahead
- CUISINE: American, Pacific Rim
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Nuts
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Bake
- OCCASION: Birthdays/Anniversaries, Christmas, Easter, Father's Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Mother's Day
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living
More Recipes Like This