- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
How to Make It
Beat first 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy.
Combine flour and next 5 ingredients. Add half of mixture at a time to sugar mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
Bake at 350° for 7 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool.