More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 142
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Carbohydrate: 19.0g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 96mg
- Calcium: 25mg
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 batches Lemon-Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup toasted coconut flakes, for garnish
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place 38 miniature muffin cup liners in miniature muffin tin.
- 2. Place flours in a bowl. Sift sugar, baking soda, and salt into bowl. Stir in coconut and lemon zest.
- 3. Whisk butter and oil. Add buttermilk and next 3 ingredients (through coconut extract), whisking until well-combined. Add dry ingredients to wet.
- 4. Divide batter evenly among liners, and bake in middle of oven about 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; transfer to wire rack to cool.
- 5. Frost cakes, and garnish with toasted coconut.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings