Coconut Lemon Cake with Mint Syrup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 teaspoon(s) grated lemon rind
- 1 cup(s) superfine sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cup(s) coconut
- 1 cup(s) self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 3/4 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) mint leaves
- Beat butter, lemon rind and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well.
- Fold through coconut, flour and sour cream until combined.
- Spoon mixture into an 8" cake pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 315 for 45 minutes. Cake is done when tested with a skewer.
- Mint Syrup:
- Heat sugar, lemon juice, water and mint in a saucepan over low heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Allow syrup to simmer for 3 minutes, then strain. Pour hot syrup over hot cake. Keep cake in pan and cover with a lid for transport.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jimandcarol and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note