Coconut Lemon Cake with Mint Syrup
Community Recipe from
- 8 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 teaspoon(s) grated lemon rind
- 1 cup(s) superfine sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cup(s) coconut
- 1 cup(s) self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 3/4 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) mint leaves
- Beat butter, lemon rind and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well.
- Fold through coconut, flour and sour cream until combined.
- Spoon mixture into an 8" cake pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 315 for 45 minutes. Cake is done when tested with a skewer.
- Mint Syrup:
- Heat sugar, lemon juice, water and mint in a saucepan over low heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Allow syrup to simmer for 3 minutes, then strain. Pour hot syrup over hot cake. Keep cake in pan and cover with a lid for transport.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jimandcarol and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes