Coconut Fried Shrimp
Create a seafood dinner that will remind you of long walks on the beach. Fresh fish tossed in coconut get an extra special dressing with a drizzle of Orange-Lime Dip. Serve as an easy appetizer or as a tasty main dish.
- 1 pound unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
- 3/4 cup biscuit mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup beer
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- Vegetable oil
- Orange-Lime Dip
- Peel shrimp, leaving the tails intact; devein, if desired, and set shrimp aside.
- Combine biscuit mix, sugar, and beer, stirring until smooth; set mixture aside.
- Coat shrimp with flour; dip into beer mixture, allowing excess to drain. Gently roll coated shrimp in flaked coconut.
- Pour vegetable oil to a depth of 3 inches in a large saucepan; heat to 350°. Cook shrimp, a few at a time, 1 to 2 minutes or until golden; drain on paper towels, and serve immediately with Orange-Lime Dip.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note